Saturday, April 6, 2013

Autism Awareness Scarf

Image from http://adamsfrood42.angelfire.com/Kamaa-Nhanda_Designs.html
  This is the other big project that I was talking about in a previous post. This took a lot of patience and time. The final piece is always such a great reward for all the hard work.



  The scarf was requested by a coworker for his son. I found the pattern on Ravelry and it can also be found at this link. It is actually a chart and is made using a Tunisian Crochet Simple Stitch. When I finally figured out how to do it, it became pretty repetitive. All I had to do was follow the chart. I repeated the chart one time, but I think I should have made the scarf a little longer. The pattern says to make two panels and stitch them together back to back. I did not want to make another panel since the first one took so long. Instead, I cut a length of fleece and stitched it to the back. The wrong side of the stitch looks like this, which is why it would need to be covered.


  I attached the fleece after blocking. I tried to take pictures, but my camera didn't like all the black. I guess it was too dark. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It was really neat to see the picture coming together in the beginning. I have to admit though, about halfway through I was ready to be done, but I kept on and finished the project. If it wasn't requested by someone else, I may have abandoned it.




No comments: