Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Garment in the making


  I found my next crochet garment in Interweave Crochet Magazine's summer issue. It's called Lauren Sweater by Mimi Alelis. I actually started this garment a few months ago but set it down for a while because I realized that it was turning out too big for me. I was following the pattern for the medium size. I also think my gauge might be off a bit because I am substituting the yarn with a sport weight yarn. I dreaded frogging the whole thing, I hate to feel like my time and energy was wasted, so I just didn't do anything for a long time. Finally, I took it apart and started over. Well, not completely over, but I took it out until the ribbing was short enough to make the smaller size. (The pattern starts with the bottom ribbing.) It's better than doing nothing and I really want to make this sweater. So I will post pics and updates as I go along.




No comments: