Monday, June 4, 2012

Flower Hair Clip


Flower Power

  These flowers are too cute not to share. The free crochet pattern is called Ecliptic Crochet Flower by Teresa Richardson and is found here. If the written pattern is hard to follow, her video tutorial will clear things up. I found this pattern a long time ago and used it to applique a bag that I made as a gift. There has been countless times that I've found myself on Teresa's blog or YouTube channel. She is a great teacher and she knows a lot. I love that she shares all her knowledge for free. Thank you, Teresa!
  I made these flowers with colors that are not usually flower colors, like the green and black. I think they look funky. I'll have to dig in my stash and see what other combinations I can make. I really like the neon and brighter colors.
  
  My daughter chose the colors for this one and wanted it to be a hair clip. I added some bling with some small rhinestones that I had. I used a dab of fabric glue to keep them on the flower. Then I added the hair clip to the back of the flower with hot glue.






No comments: