Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rasta Hats

I made one of these hats for my daughter a few months ago. She really liked the fact that she didn't have to worry about her hair. All she had to do was put all her hair into the hat and that was it. These hats are perfect for bad hair days or even to keep cool if you have a lot of hair.
 



 This one has a Jamaican flag on it. Well, it's a circle, so it's not really the flag, but I think it looks cool. It took me a while to figure out how to do it, but it wasn't that hard. I  made a ring by chaining 5 and joining. Then I made four triangles with the green and black. I started with three single crochets through the ring. After all four triangles were done, I connected them to each other using a single crochet on the right side of the work with the yellow yarn to form the "X". I wish I would've thought about making a tutorial when I made it. Maybe I'll make another one. Both hats are made with acrylic yarn and they have round cord elastic in the brim.






 Here I am modeling my work:

 I am going to post these in my online store to sell. Check out my store: PerfectMix Creations

3 comments:

Damaris Creations said...

Great job girl! I can't wait to try one for myself whit the same colors( Blue, white and red)The colors of my beautiful flag. ( Dominican Republic). Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Greetings!! Do u have a pattern for these hats please?! I'm kind of new to crochet and have been teaching myself...my boyfriend is from Haiti and he's rasta and I want to make him one please!!!! ;)

One love...peace!

daperfectmix said...

Hi AmbeRose,
I got this pattern from a book called "Get Your Crochet On! Hip Hats & Cool Caps." You might be able to find it in your local library or you can buy it online. You could also find some other rasta hat patterns possibly for free on ravelry.com.

~Michelle