Sunday, January 31, 2010

More Art.. Braids

This is another form of art that I like to do. It's almost like fiber arts, but not really. I love to do hair. You couldn't tell if you'd see me at work some days. I guess, some days I just don't care. I get up with just enough time to get up and get to work, so I don't have time to be worrying about how my hair looks. Sometimes I get home and see myself in the mirror and think, "I went out like this?" LOL. At least I'm not vain, right?

 

  

That is my little model, my daughter. She's been modeling for me since she was 3 months old. Yes, she had a lot of hair at 3 months!  She is now 10. Time sure flies. Since we are talking about hair, I would like to mention that my daughter donated her hair, a few years ago, to Locks of Love. I gave her the choice of selling it, donating it, or just keeping it long.  She made a generous choice and even donated one of her own dollars to the organization. She donated 12 inches of hair. It was her Christmas present to someone in need.

No comments: